Physical exercise can be strenuous and subject to serious injury, therefore Alternate Routes urges you to obtain a physical examination from a doctor before beginning any exercise or training program.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- You agree that by participating in these online virtual exercise sessions, outdoor experiences or personal training activities, you do so entirely at your own risk. This includes, without limitation, (a) your use of all amenities and equipment, your participation in any activity, class, program, personal training or instruction, (b) the sudden and unforeseen malfunctioning of any equipment, (c) our instruction, training, supervision, or dietary recommendations.
- You agree to inform the staff at Alternate Routes if you are experiencing a change in physical conditions, ex. light headed, nauseous, pain or discomfort during exercise or if there’s changes in your health condition that may affect your ability to exercise safely.
- You are not obliged to perform or participate in any activity unless you wish to, and have the right to decline participation to any other workouts.
- This waiver and release of liability includes, without limitation, all injuries to you which may occur; regardless of negligence, as well as any other personal injury or lost or damaged property.
- You agree that you are voluntarily participating in these activities and assume all risks of injury.
- You agree to release and discharge Alternate Routes along with your personal trainer or instructor, from any and all claims or causes of action.
- If participating in any other service at Alternate Routes, you agree that you have been informed of the possible outcomes of any/all of our services and will not hold Alternate Routes responsible for any damage caused to by person or as a result of the procedure being performed on me.
- You agree to release and discharge Alternate Routes along with your service professional, from any and all claims or causes of action.
- You agree that Alternate Routes, and all staff are not liable for the use or purchase of any product that may cause dissatisfaction.
- I am aware that the staff at Alternate Routes may on occasion take photographs and videos, and I give my consent, unless I have informed them of otherwise in writing, to the use of my portrait, picture, photograph or video as part of their online gallery, marketing or advertising.
- I agree that if I am not the client, because the client is under the age of 16 and I am the parent/guardian, that I hold the liability for that child and release and discharge Alternate Routes from any and all claims of action.
Age Restrictions- Individuals under the age of 12 must have a parent or guardian sign a waiver. Children under the age of 1 must be under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian who is at least the age of 18.
At Alternate Routes, we want our participants to feel secure with providing us their personal information. Your privacy is important to us, therefore we pledge to maintain the confidentiality of your personal information. We take the issue of security and personal privacy seriously and with greatest care. We respect our visitors right to both their privacy and security of their data. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used.
Personally Identifiable Information
Alternate Routes collects personally identifiable information from the participant with their knowledge and consent. Alternate Routes uses the services of three leading Software companies, Uscreen (www.uscreen.tv.com), Squarespace (www.squarespace.com), and stripe (www.stripe.com) for online web scheduling, registration, order processing and online payments. Please visit their website to acquire information about the companies and their Privacy Policies.
When you make a purchase through Uscreen or Squarespace, they ask for your name, address, phone number, email address and other personal information necessary to fulfill and track your order. For purposes of billing, you will need to provide your credit card type, number, expiration date and billing address for the card.
Uscreen and Squarespace also requires you to create an account by providing your email address and designating a unique access password for future access to your account information. Creating this account allows these softwares to save your billing information so you won’t have to fill out that information again the next time you make a purchase on their site.
Alternate Routes also collects your name and e-mail address if you sign up for our email newsletter. (For more on how we handle this information, please see below.)
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We collect non-personally identifiable information from you in order for us to better understand how our website is used. Information about a user’s visit is logged, however your IP address is never referenced to personally identifiable information. Usage statistics are gathered in a nonintrusive manner. The log files are private documents and are primarily used by the server administrator for error notification, server administration and to monitor website performance. Occasionally, portions of the log files may be viewed by others for the purpose of server administration, security or when required by law.
Shared Information with Third Parties
Alternate Routes does not rent, sell or exchange your name or other personally-identifiable information to third-party companies for any purposes. Under no circumstances will your personal information be disclosed to any third party unless we seek your express consent or are required to do so by law.
Alternate Routes E-mailing List
When you sign up to our email mailing list, we will use your email address to send you a monthly newsletter containing new schedules, and info on any events or promotions we are offering.
Each newsletter will contain simple instructions on how to unsubscribe (opt-out) from the newsletter list. Each newsletter will also contain a link that will allow you to log in to the email system and change the current data so that you are always in control of the information you provide.
We are staunch supporters of the Canadian Federal Privacy Legislation. We never exchange, lend or sell our email mailing list to anyone. Information submitted to us is only available to employees managing this information for purposes of sending you emails and to contracted service providers for purposes of providing services relating to our communications with you.
Email statistics are monitored in order to ensure that the mailings are relevant for you. We will never share, sell, or rent this information to anyone. This information is only used for our own internal purposes.
Third-Party & Sponsor Ads
Text and image ads that appear on Alternate Routes are provided by third party ad agencies such as Google Adsense. I do not personally endorse the products and services advertised in these ads. These companies are not affiliated with Alternate Routes.
Links to Third Party Websites
... contents of this statement may be altered at any time, at our discretion.
REPORTING COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
If you are a copyright owner, or are authorized to act on behalf of one, please report alleged copyright infringements taking place on or through our web site by completing the following DMCA Notice of Alleged Infringement and delivering it to our Designated Copyright Agent. In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998, we will respond expeditiously to these allegations and take whatever action, in our sole discretion, we deem appropriate, including removal of the challenged material from the web site. The DMCA Notice of Alleged Infringement shall: 1. Identify the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed.2. Identify the material you claim is infringing and that is to be removed or disabled and provide information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material, including at a minimum, if applicable, the URL of the link shown on the web site where such material may be found.3. Provide your mailing address, telephone number, and, if available, email address.4. Include both of the following statements in the body of the notice:
“I hereby state that I have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the copyrighted material or reference or link to such material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law (e.g., as a fair use).”
“I hereby state that the information in this notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that I am the owner, or authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyright or of an exclusive right under the copyright that is allegedly infringed.”
5. Provide your full legal name and your electronic signature.Deliver this notice, with all items completed, to our Designated Copyright Agent at: email@example.com
TERMS OF ENROLLMENT
Alternate Routes Memberships:
- Video on Demand - access to Alternate Routes membership portal available at www.alternate-routes.ca
- Training - one on one training with a highly qualified Personal Trainer. Note: Expiry date will apply
All appointment and services, group training and workshops are non-refundable, non-transferable and will not be put on hold. In the case of a severe injury and/or medical reasons, memberships, classes, appointments and workshops may be refunded, but we will require a physician letter.
Monthly and annual Alternate Routes members can cancel at any time to end future payment obligations. Active members may cancel their membership through their account settings after logging in at www.alternate-routes.ca and will continue to receive access to their resources for the remainder of their paid membership. After membership has been terminated, you will not have access to any membership resources. Trial members must cancel before the end of the trial period if they do not wish to continue with the purchase. Trial members may cancel anytime and are not eligible for a refund.
Alternate Routes is not responsible for the results of any of the products, or any individual allergies you may have (see liability waiver). If there are any discrepancies with your purchase order please contact us at 519-290-2919.
We reserve the right to make changes to these Terms at any time by updating this page with any such changes and indicating the effective date of those changes. You acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to review these Terms periodically to familiarize yourself with any modifications. By continuing to access and use our web site after those changes become effective, you consent and agree to be bound by the revised Terms.
Alternate Routes Contact Information
Effective : July 1st, 2020